News
State To Track Down Men Who Impregnated School Girls During The Pandemic
The Kiambu County Development Implementation Coordination Committee (CDICC) has embarked on strategies to umask men who impregnated school girls during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Kiambu County Commsioner and comiteee chair Wilson Wanyanga warned that anybody found to have sexually abused school girls during the long holiday will be punished in accordance with the law.
“It is wrong to take advantage of the global pandemic to prey on innocent on girls, thus affecting their life long dreams,” he stated.
During the meeting, the County director of Education Victoria Mulili told the committee that some 743 girls across the county had been impregnated during the long vacation.
According to the report she tabled, more primary school pupils conceived during the period under review compared to Secondary School students.
Subsequently, 181 local secondary schools girls were confirmed pregnant compared to 562 from primary section.
The report further revealed that at least 865 Secondary School students had not reported back, folowing the partial reopening of schools on october 12, owing to various social-economic issues related to the pandemic.
Elsewhere, at least 11,800 school-going girls from Trans Nzoia impregnated during COVID-19 pandemic County Commissioner Sam Ojwang says all men responsible will be arrested.
The law provides that anyone who defiles a minor aged 11 years and below should be sentenced to life imprisonment, perpetrators who defile those aged between 12- 15 years face a jail term of of 20 years, while those who defile girls aged between 16-18 years face an imprisonment not exceeedeidng 15 years.
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
News3 days agoKenyan Driver Hospitalized After Dubai Assault for Rejecting Gay Advances, Passport Seized as Authorities Remain Silent
-
Business1 week agoKakuzi Investors Face Massive Loss as Land Commission Drops Bombshell Order to Surrender Quarter of Productive Estate
-
Investigations2 weeks agoINSIDER LEAK REVEALS ROT AT KWS TOP EXECUTIVES
-
Business4 days agoConstruction Of Stalled Yaya Center Block Resumes After More Than 3 Decades and The Concrete Story Behind It
-
Investigations1 week agoCNN Reveals Massive Killings, Secret Graves In Tanzania and Coverup By the Govt
-
Business1 week agoBANKS BETRAYAL: How Equity Bank Allegedly Helped Thieves Loot Sh10 Million From Family’s Savings in Lightning Fast Court Scam
-
Investigations5 days agoHow Somali Money From Minnesota Fraud Ended In Funding Nairobi Real Estate Boom, Al Shabaab Attracting Trump’s Wrath
-
News2 weeks agoEXPOSED: How Tycoon Munga, State Officials, Chinese Firm Stalled A Sh3.9 Trillion Coal Treasure In Kitui
