Grapevine
Drama in Nakuru Law Courts as Moi’s Grandson Collins Kibet Jailed Over Child Support Row
The court had in its February 13 directed that Kibet facilitates the enrolment of one of his children to the Kabarak Group of Schools while paying fees for the other in its current school.
Members of the Kabarak Trust have been summoned to appear in court to explain why the former President Daniel Moi’s great grandchild has not been enrolled to the Kabarak Group of Schools.
Principal Magistrate Kipkurui Kibellion issued the orders against the members of the trust to shed light on why the courts order issued to Mzee Moi’s grandson Collins Kibet in regards to the enrollment of his minor to the school have not been complied with.
The court had in its February 13 directed that Kibet facilitates the enrolment of one of his children to the Kabarak Group of Schools while paying fees for the other in its current school.
The court had further directed that the Moi’s scion enrolls the two minors to Kabarak Health Care Centre medical Scheme for medical insurance cover.
The Magistrate issued the summons after it emerged that none of the orders have been complied.
Mr Moi through his lawyer told the court that he had made efforts to comply by reaching out to the trustees in vain.
The Magistrate said he will allow Kibet to continue making the efforts but have the trustees appear to shed light on the issue.
The trustees are required to appear in Court on July 23.
Meanwhile, the court committed Kibet to a civil jail term for two weeks for contempt of court orders.
The magistrate while issuing the committal order noted that Kibet has not shown any efforts to comply with the orders and thus failed to act in the best interest of the minors.
According to the Magistrate, Kibet waited until he was arrested pursuant to an arrest warrant for him to start acting.
He continued, “I cannot say that the judgment debtor is working towards what constitutes the best interests of the minor. As a parent he is duty bound to provide for the children.”
Kibet was arrested on Thursday last week in Rongai, Nairobi County pursuant to a warrant of arrest issued on May 8 before he was transferred to Nakuru Central police station where he has been held for five days.
He is accused of failing to comply with orders of the judgment issued in June 2022 by resident magistrate Benjamin Limo.
The judgment emanated from the suit that was filed by his ex-wife Gladys Jeruto who accused him of absconding his parental responsibility.
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
News4 days agoWhy Ruto’s Favourite Candidate Adan Mohammed Could Be Locked Out of the KRA Top Job
-
Business2 weeks agoSafaricom’s Sh1.4 Billion Reckoning: How Kenya’s Most Profitable Company Stole a Man’s Idea and Got Caught
-
Business1 week agoThe Rot Inside Absa: How Bank Insiders Are Looting Nairobi’s Customers
-
Investigations2 weeks agoDenial Under Duress: The Untold Collapse Threatening David Lagat’s DL Group’s Empire
-
Business2 weeks agoTHE INSURER THAT TOOK YOUR PREMIUM AND FORGOT YOUR NAME: How ICEA Lion Left a Client Begging for Sh7.8 Million Across Four Months
-
Business1 week agoThe President’s Helicopter: How Ruto’s Aviation Empire Lands a Historic Airbus Milestone While His Government Writes the Tax Code
-
Africa2 weeks agoStung By West Africa Rejections, France Courts Rest Of Continent at Kenya Summit
-
Business4 days agoCourt Confirms Safaricom Customers Data Was Sold To Betting Companies In Seven-Year Cover-Up
