News
Uganda Man Jailed For 5 Years Over Giving False Terror Attack Warning To Interpol In Kenya
A Ugandan national has been sentenced to five years in prison for sending a false email warning of an imminent terrorist attack in Kenya.
The Kahawa Chief Magistrate Court found Moses Kabali guilty of the offense under the Prevention of Terrorism Act No. 30 of 2012.
According to a statement by the DCI, Kabali emailed Interpol in France, claiming that a terrorist group was planning an attack in Kenya using Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) leading to investigations by the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU).
The ATPU initially arrested a woman linked to a phone number found in Kabali’s report.
Upon questioning, she disclosed that the said phone number had been registered using her ID card but was being used by her cousin.
A manhunt for the said cousin ensued, and she was arrested in Eastleigh, Jam Street, on August 31, 2024. However, further investigations revealed that she had no links to any terrorist group and was unaware of any planned attack.
Kabali was arrested on September 3 at a school in Eastleigh. Police found two mobile phones, two laptops, and other documents at his home.
Forensic analysis confirmed that the hoax email came from Kabali’s Yahoo account.
In court, it was revealed that Kabali made the false threat out of anger towards his estranged wife.
He was ordered to pay Ksh5,000,000 or serve five years in prison.
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
News4 days agoWhy Ruto’s Favourite Candidate Adan Mohammed Could Be Locked Out of the KRA Top Job
-
Business2 weeks agoSafaricom’s Sh1.4 Billion Reckoning: How Kenya’s Most Profitable Company Stole a Man’s Idea and Got Caught
-
Investigations2 weeks agoDenial Under Duress: The Untold Collapse Threatening David Lagat’s DL Group’s Empire
-
Business1 week agoThe Rot Inside Absa: How Bank Insiders Are Looting Nairobi’s Customers
-
Business2 weeks agoTHE INSURER THAT TOOK YOUR PREMIUM AND FORGOT YOUR NAME: How ICEA Lion Left a Client Begging for Sh7.8 Million Across Four Months
-
Business2 weeks agoBush Air Safaris Founder John Ndiritu Risks Losing Property Over Disputed Loan Claim
-
Business1 week agoThe President’s Helicopter: How Ruto’s Aviation Empire Lands a Historic Airbus Milestone While His Government Writes the Tax Code
-
Africa2 weeks agoStung By West Africa Rejections, France Courts Rest Of Continent at Kenya Summit
