Connect with us

Politics

Kalonzo: We Have Evidence Ruto Interfered With Malava and Mbeere North Results, We’re Going To Court

He described the results as coerced and insisted the people’s voice had been suppressed.

Published

on

Wiper Patriotic Front leader Kalonzo Musyoka has accused President William Ruto of directly influencing the outcome of the Malava and Mbeere North by elections, saying the results announced on November 30 do not reflect the will of the people.

Speaking during a thanksgiving service at AIC Mukuni Church in Machakos County on Sunday, Kalonzo said his coalition had gathered evidence showing state interference at critical stages of voting and tallying.

Kalonzo claimed President Ruto personally phoned two OCS officers in Mbeere North during the by election and pressured them to ensure the UDA candidate emerged victorious.

He said the involvement of the highest office in the land compromised the credibility of the vote and called for both national and international scrutiny.

“UDA did not win in Malava and Mbeere. We have evidence that President Ruto called two OCS in Mbeere and said Wamuthende must win. That is direct interference,” he told the congregation.

He described the results as coerced and insisted the people’s voice had been suppressed.

Kalonzo said residents of Malava and Mbeere North were deeply wounded by what he described as a manipulated process.

He said many voters felt their right to choose leaders freely had been violated and the environment during polling was charged with tension and fear.

He argued that these by elections showed why Kenya was still struggling with public trust in electoral institutions.

He accused police officers of working with hired groups to disrupt the process and claimed that security personnel helped goons interfere with the vote.

Related Content:  No Elections On 17th October, Raila Declares As NASA Gives IEBC Fresh Demands

According to him, the state had turned the police into political actors who intimidated voters instead of protecting them.

Kalonzo announced that his coalition would move to court to challenge the results.

He said the petition would expose what he described as systematic election interference and assured supporters that the truth would come to light once the case is filed.

“We are preparing a very strong and clear petition. If the president had good conscience he would have let this matter end early. We will not allow this to stand,” he said.

The opposition had earlier warned of a rigging scheme in the two constituencies, including irregular ballots, inconsistent tallying and suspicious activities around polling stations.

Government and UDA officials have dismissed these claims and accused the opposition of attempting to delegitimise a credible process.

With Kalonzo promising a court battle, the dispute over the Malava and Mbeere North contests now sets the stage for another confrontation between the opposition and the government.

The petition is expected to intensify political tensions as the country edges closer to the 2027 polls.


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram

? Got a Tip, Story, or Inquiry? We’re always listening. Whether you have a news tip, press release, advertising inquiry, or you’re interested in sponsored content, reach out to us! ? Email us at: [email protected] Your story could be the next big headline.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Facebook

Most Popular

error: Content is protected !!