News
How The Intelligence Foiled A Terror Attack In Mombasa On Mashujaa Day
Just weeks ago the police issued a terror alert in Mombasa and Nairobi, since then three suspected militants who had planned to attack Mombasa during the Mashujaa Day celebrations were shot down after two suspects arrested in a raid on October 1st by a multi-agency security team revealed their plans.
The two, Bakari Chibonja and Athuman Nyae and other somali-based militants planned to attack key government installations on October 20 according to intelligence officers. The two suspects are believed to have committed a number of other terrorist acts and harboured the militants who have attacked the country in the past.
“Intelligence report shows that the accused persons and others who are still at large were planning a major attack during Mashujaa Day in Mombasa using the assorted weapons recovered from their residence in Dudus,” Anti-Terror Police Unit investigator Dickson Indaru said in an affidavit.
“It is believed that the suspects are members of Al-Shabaab terrorism group with a wide network of following and is believed to have sent operatives within Mombasa to attack key government installations,” the investigator said.
The multi-agency team discovered weapons of mass destruction during the raid on the two, they however pleaded not guilty to three terror-related charges including harbouring terrorists and being members of the militant group when they appeared before Mombasa Senior Resident Magistrate Rita Amwayi. They are charged providing accommodation to the three dead militants with full knowledge that they were preparing to commit a terrorist act.
The case will be heard on November 11, 2019.
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
News3 days agoKenyan Driver Hospitalized After Dubai Assault for Rejecting Gay Advances, Passport Seized as Authorities Remain Silent
-
Business1 week agoKakuzi Investors Face Massive Loss as Land Commission Drops Bombshell Order to Surrender Quarter of Productive Estate
-
Investigations1 week agoINSIDER LEAK REVEALS ROT AT KWS TOP EXECUTIVES
-
Business4 days agoConstruction Of Stalled Yaya Center Block Resumes After More Than 3 Decades and The Concrete Story Behind It
-
Investigations1 week agoCNN Reveals Massive Killings, Secret Graves In Tanzania and Coverup By the Govt
-
Business1 week agoBANKS BETRAYAL: How Equity Bank Allegedly Helped Thieves Loot Sh10 Million From Family’s Savings in Lightning Fast Court Scam
-
Investigations5 days agoHow Somali Money From Minnesota Fraud Ended In Funding Nairobi Real Estate Boom, Al Shabaab Attracting Trump’s Wrath
-
News2 weeks agoEXPOSED: How Tycoon Munga, State Officials, Chinese Firm Stalled A Sh3.9 Trillion Coal Treasure In Kitui
