Americas
Elon Musk Says He Regrets Some Posts He Made About Donald Trump
Musk deleted most of his posts over the weekend, including one that called for Trump’s impeachment and another claiming he won the election for him.
Billionaire Elon Musk has said he regrets some of the posts he made about US President Donald Trump during their war of words on social media.
“I regret some of my posts about President Donald Trump last week. They went too far,” he said on his platform X.
The two were embroiled in a public fallout, after the Tesla owner called Trump’s tax bill a “disgusting abomination”.
His post comes after Trump declared that their relationship was over, and that he had no interest in mending ties with Musk.
The budget, which includes huge tax breaks and more defence spending, was passed by the House of Representatives last month and is now being considered by senators.
Musk urged Americans to call their representatives in Washington to “kill the bill” as he believed it would “cause a recession in the second half of the year”.
The tech billionaire claimed, without evidence, that Trump appears in unreleased government files linked to the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The White House rubbished those claims.
In response Trump said Musk had “lost his mind” and threatened to cancel his government contracts which have an estimated value of $38bn (£28bn).
“I think it’s a very bad thing, because he’s very disrespectful. You could not disrespect the office of the president,” Trump said in an interview with NBC on Sunday.
Musk deleted most of his posts over the weekend, including one that called for Trump’s impeachment and another claiming he won the election for him.
Musk was the largest donor for Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign and had been considered the president’s right-hand man.
Their blowout came shortly after Musk left the Department of Government Efficiency (Doge), after just 129 days in the job.
(BBC)
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
Grapevine6 days agoAlleged Male Lover Claims His Life Is in Danger, Leaks Screenshots and Private Videos Linking SportPesa CEO Ronald Karauri
-
Lifestyle1 week agoThe General’s Fall: From Barracks To Bankruptcy As Illness Ravages Karangi’s Memory And Empire
-
Grapevine2 days agoRussian Man’s Secret Sex Recordings Ignite Fury as Questions Mount Over Consent and Easy Pick-Ups in Nairobi
-
Investigations2 weeks agoEpstein Files: Sultan bin Sulayem Bragged on His Closeness to President Uhuru Then His Firm DP World Controversially Won Port Construction in Kenya, Tanzania
-
News2 weeks agoAUDIT EXPOSES INEQUALITY IN STAREHE SCHOOLS: PARENTS BLED DRY AS FEES HIT Sh300,000 AGAINST Sh67,244 CAP
-
Business2 weeks agoKRA Can Now Tax Unexplained Bank Deposits
-
Investigations1 week agoEpstein’s Girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell Frequently Visited Kenya As Files Reveal Local Secret Links With The Underage Sex Trafficking Ring
-
News1 week agoState Agency Exposes Five Top Names Linked To Poor Building Approvals In Nairobi, Recommends Dismissal After City Hall Probe
