Connect with us
https://crm.cytonn.com/events/weekly_real_estate_site_visit

News

Sophia Lepuchelit the EACC Commissioner Who Sent Lydiah Achieng To Jail Accused Her Of Sleeping With Her Husband And Vowed To Teach Her A Lesson

Published

on

Lydiah Achieng narrates her story in an interview with Inooro TV.

For ten years, Lydiah Achieng has been serving her jail term without much public knowledge until a recent TV interview when she opened up to her world. In her defense, Achieng believes she’s innocent and was jailed over a matter she had no idea about.

According to court papers, Achieng was having an affair with Sophia’s 13-year old son. The State called four witnesses the 13-year-old minor, Lepuchelit, a guest house manager named Silvester Tanui and the investigator of the case, Police Constable William Kamau.

The boy named as R.L testified to the court that Achieng lured him to have sex three times.  According to the boy, he knew Achieng out of selling clothes in the same building where his mother Lepuchelit had her business.

He claimed that she lured him to have sex three times and that he stole his mother’s money to go spend with her.Lepuchelit was the second prosecution witness. She told the court that on November 7, she was out of the house.

Her house help, whom she did not name, called her at around 8pm claiming that she had seen Achieng with her son in her house, adding that she had come to defile him. The woman narrated that she sought Tanui’s help and confronted Achieng, then reported the incident to the police.

Sophia Lepuchelit, the IEBC Commissioner and the lady who sent Achieng to jail.

Tanui corroborated what Lepuchelit had told the court.Although the house help would have been the key witness to determine whether Achieng was guilty as charged, she was not called to testify.

Related Content:  Lawyer Wanjao Caesar Ngungi Of Wanjao And Wanjau Advocates Owning Graceland Gardens Apartments Engaged In Unlawful Acts With A Client

This sharply clashes with the narrative that Achieng gave to the media indicating that the said boy was supposedly having an intimate relationship with her kid of which Lepuchelit has given her a warning to our an halt into it.

Its now emerging that these two women had more beef than meets the eye. On November 7,2010, the fateful day, it was hot in Kiserian, Kaijado County, Achieng who was. Mitumba trader in Kiserian, walked into Legaro Bar to quench her thirst, according to court papers.

Apparently, Achieng had been offered drinks by another man. As the two were enjoying themselves, Lepuchelit in the company of a young boy, stormed the bar and a fight ensued between the two ladies.

According to court records, Lepuchelit asked Achieng who she was and whether she knew the man who had bought her alcohol and how they related. A heated exchange ensued during which Achieng’s accuser allegedly insulted her, claiming that she had stolen her husband.

Sophia gave Achieng a stern warning that she’d deal with her before leaving. It’s from here that Lepuchelit reported her to the Kiserian Police where it’s said from her business and connections, she had strong contacts with the police. As she’d later come to learn, Achieng was arrested and charged with defilement of a minor.

“The lady threatened to frame me with serious charges. I learnt about the case and I was shocked. The complainant wanted to forgive me,” Achieng testified in her defence. Achieng also said in her interview that Sophia had agreed to withdraw the case on guilt of framing but the court couldn’t hear non of it given the nature of offense.

Related Content:  KMPDU’s Sec Gen Dr Oluga Elected As The World's Doctors President

ODPP has come out in defense of the ruling that sent Achieng to prison saying there was enough proof of defilement an argument that lawyers led by Nelson Havi have trashed, vowing to review the case and determine the facts.

Achieng had pointed an accusing finger at the ODPP and the magistrates for mishandling her case and not given a fair hearing. Achieng will be finishing her jail term in February and plans to go back to her rural home to refresh her life that has been disrupted by ten years spent in jail.


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Kyle McCarter: Corrupt Kenyan Officials Will Now Be Denied Visas To The US

Published

on

US Ambassador Kyle McCarter.

From the moment he stepped into the country after his approval as the US ambassador to Kenya, Kyle McCarter made his intentions clear. Enhancing USA-Kenya ties. He’s also been building a signature of being vocal about corruption which is hailing the country.

‘Fed Up With Corruption’ has become a dominating theme and the Motto that the ambassador has adopted in his tweets.

Kenya loses an estimated Sh600B every year to corruption in a country where many live under a dollar a day and also the country with most million dollar millionaires in the region. Because of corruption, basic social amenities have been undelivered.

Much of stolen public money is often stashed in foreign countries including the USA and this why Kenya needs partnerships with international partners. Swiss recently inked a deal with Kenya to help repatriate stolen money.

As an intervention, it has been proposed for Western countries where the loot is often stashed by corrupt public officials to impose sanctions on such leaders including denying them visas. This will confine them in Kenya without luxury of flying out to go blow up the billions.

Kenyans if not Africa has been waiting to see President Trump’s policies in Africa especially on tackling corruption and it seems there’s an answer. The new Ambassador Kyle has confirmed that the embassy is denying leaders who’ve been involved in corruption visas to travel to the US.

Related Content:  Lawyer Wanjao Caesar Ngungi Of Wanjao And Wanjau Advocates Owning Graceland Gardens Apartments Engaged In Unlawful Acts With A Client

Asked if the US would consider denying thieves (corrupt officials) visas to visit America, he firmly answered l, “Absolutely. Already happening.”

This is a big step in the direction and we can only hope the worst is yet to happen, it’s a great opportunity for the ambassador to make a name as the only USA ambassador in Africa to have ever publicly and loudly joined hands in fighting corruption that is now eating up our generations.


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading

News

Male Birth Control Pill Has Been For The First Time Declared Effective And Safe For Human Use

Published

on

For years, scientists have been trying to develop a safe and effective version of the pill for men, and a new drug candidate could be the contraceptive we’ve been looking for.

This week, scientists in the US announced that an experimental oral drug called 11-beta-MNTDC looks to be safe and tolerable, based on results from a phase 1 clinical trial involving 40 men.

“Our results suggest that this pill, which combines two hormonal activities in one, will decrease sperm production while preserving libido,” says male reproduction biologist Christina Wang from the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute (LA BioMed).

In the clinical trial, Wang and her team recruited 40 healthy men.

For 28 days, 30 of these participants took a low or higher daily dose of the 11-beta-MNTDC (full name: 11-beta-methyl-19-nortestosterone-17-beta-dodecylcarbonate), while the remaining 10 men took a placebo.

11-beta-MNTDC is a modified form of testosterone with both progestational (in effect, sperm-blocking) and androgenic(hormone-balancing) characteristics.

“Since testosterone production is shut down in the testes, the androgen action in the rest of the body maintains ‘maleness’ elsewhere, supporting things like male pattern hair, deep voice, sex drive and function, and lean body mass,” explained one of the team, endocrinologist Stephanie Page from the University of Washington. She presented the team’s results at the Endocrine Society’s annual conference in New Orleans on Sunday.

In the first clinical trial results on the drug, that balancing act looks like it might deliver a safe oral drug while hypothetically stopping sperm production – although it has to be emphasised this is only preliminary data.

The participants taking 11-beta-MNTDC did not demonstrate serious adverse events or significant clinical concerns, but showed significantly reduced levels of two hormones called LH and FSH that are needed for sperm production.

Related Content:  Is Nairobi Hospital In Panic Over Increasing Avoidable Deaths

That said, this 28-day experiment was testing 11-beta-MNTDC’s safety, rather than contraceptive effects – but the early results are positive, suggesting future research could demonstrate those, too.

Before we get to that point, it’s important to show that 11-beta-MNTDC is safe to take. And it does appear to be safe, with a minority of the men experiencing some side effects. A few of the participants reported fatigue, headaches, and acne during the experiment.

In terms of sexual effects, five men said they felt mild changes in libido, and two experienced mild erectile dysfunction. Nonetheless, for a hormone-based drug, which tend to inevitably carry some level of side effects, the researchers characterise these effects as mild.

Despite the promise of the results, the researchers say it will be some time before a drug like 11-beta-MNTDC will be available to men. The researchers are currently planning follow-up trials for 11-beta-MNTDC and a functionally similar chemical called dimethandrolone undecanoate (DMAU).

Depending on how those future experiments go, the team says a safe hormonal male pill should be available on the market in about 10 years.

That might seem like a long way away, but the researchers stress that it’s necessary, to ensure that these experimental drugs aren’t just safe, but functional in terms of blocking sperm production sufficiently to prevent pregnancy.

“This study is very short and we need three months if not more to stop sperm production,” Wang said.

“All we have shown so far is that it shuts down the hormones that control the function of the testes.”

The findings were presented at ENDO 2019 in New Orleans on Sunday. Related research by the team is reported here.

Related Content:  We Know Your Salary Campaign Gains Momentum As NIS Pulls Chairs Sending The Corrupt Into Panic


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading

Investigations

Britam Risks Losing Billions As Court Rules In Favor Of Cytonn Over Unsubstantiated Fraud Claims

Published

on

 

Back in 2014 Britam accused four of its former employees of theft of billions of shillings, to the tune of kes. 8 billion, and sought to file criminal complaints about them. Britam said that the theft was discovered after audits done by accounting firm KPMG and law firm Coulson Harney.

The four former employees refuted this claiming that no such theft had happened and wrote to Britam asking them to disclose the said reports to prove their innocence. Britam, however, refused to disclose the audit reports and the four former employees then filed a lawsuit in the high court in 2016 seeking to compel Britam to disclose the audits.

After three years of litigation, the judge ruled and ordered that indeed Britam must disclose the said audit reports if they are relying on them to allege theft by its former employees. Additionally, the judge found Britam’s conduct so unbecoming that it also slapped Britam with the penalty of refunding the accused former staff with the cost of the lawsuit.

Contacted for comment, our source at Britam says that the board is furious with the CEO, Benson Wairegi, why he filed frivolous lawsuits just for the sake of trying to kill competition from former staff. The new investors IFC and Swiss RE are apparently unhappy with Mr. Wairegi and want to see him fired by the end of the year.

The stock has tanked by over 75% since he lost his team to Cytonn and is now trading at below IPO price. Our sources tell us that the new investors, IFC, Swiss Re, and AfricInvest are frustrated because they’re sitting on paper losses, having bought the share price at kshs. 15 and now it is trading at below 9 bob.

Related Content:  President Donald Trump's Inaugural Speech In Text

When we contacted a source at Cytonn, she said that “all their games shall come to a sudden and painful end. We are going to go after them for billions of shillings for damages. They are the ones with really big legal issues. The judge was very clear in his ruling. And we can assure you, the so-called forensic audits don’t exist, they have just fixed themselves with their lies”

Sooner or later the market will realize that this is the biggest corporate lie ever perpetrated by a listed company to investors and in plain sight of regulators and international shareholders like IFC and Swiss Re.

Our investigative desk obtains the ruling below.

SKMBT_C364e19032114190


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular