Connect with us
https://crm.cytonn.com/events/weekly_real_estate_site_visit

News

Lawyer Ahmednasir Trade Jabs With Uhuru’s Former Hotel Manager Mohammed Hersi Over CJ Maraga’s Reshuffling

Published

on

SC Ahmednasir Abdullahi.

Grandmula as he’s popularly known, has made a name outside the courts over his outspoken nature. The Senior Counsel who has made a name for himself as the go to lawyer in town, doesn’t shy away to speak his mind on matters politics and judiciary.

One of the lawyers who represented Jubilee during the presidential petition by ODM that saw elections overturned by the Supreme Court, Ahmednasir has also been a jelly critic to the government lately. He was recently quoted on government’s reversal of the car-free day suggestion, “A classic jubilee government policy capitulation…little thinking, little planning, no public participation, knee-jerk reaction to a problem…then quick withdrawal after criticism.” He said.

Chief Justice David Maraga on Monday announced the transfer of five judges including Chacha Mwita, who has left the Constitutional and Human Rights Division for the Kajiado High Court, where he will be Presiding Judge.

The others who have been moved, effective March 1, are as follows:

  1. Wilfrida Okwany – from Constitutional and Human Rights Division to Commercial and Tax Division
  2. James Aaron Makau – from Commercial and Tax Division to the Constitutional and Human Rights Division
  3. Weldon Kori – from Malindi High Court to the Constitutional and Human Rights Division.
  4. Reuben Nyakundi – from the Kajiado High Court where he was the Presiding Judge to the Malindi High Court where he will hold the same position.

Both Justice Mwita and Justice Okwanya had both participated in suspending Government’s controversial Cyber Crime Act, which provided for criminal punishment to anyone who posted any information thought to be a slur on social media and the main stream media.

Related Content:  Images Showing Intense Moments When Riverside Attack Survivors Reunited With Families After Being Saved

Justice Mwita suspended implementation of 22 sections of the cybercrime law last year and when the Government moved to Justice Okwany seeking to lift the temporally orders she declined.

President Uhuru Kenyatta taunted Justice Maraga last month after he raised his irritation about bloggers who were tainting the image of the Judiciary and himself on social media.

The President told him to get used to the annoying comments as it was the judiciary which frustrated efforts to tame bloggers.

Justice Mwita also stopped Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) Noordin Haji from prosecuting Deputy Chief Justice Philomena Mwilu until her case is heard and determined.

Mohammed Hersi

Reacting to these changes, Ahmednasir called out the CJ for succumbing to the executive’s pressure. “CJ Maraga in move seen by observers to appease the Executive dismantles the Constitutional & Human Rights Division and other divisions of the High Court and appoints judges acceptable to the Executive.” Says Ahmednasir.

He continues, “CJ has an ABSOLUTE prerogative when it comes to transfer of judges but when he fiddles with the Constitutional & Human Rights division of the High Court every 2 years, we smell a rat…and RIGHTLY suspect the CJ is giving in to pressure from the state to scuttle this COURT.”

Mohammed Hersi, a veteran hotelier and former head to the Kenyatta family-owned Heritage Hotels East Africa Group, the hotels group owns the Voyager Resort in Mombasa and Tsavo, Interpids camps in Samburu and Maasai Mara as well as the Great Rift Valley Lodge in Naivasha, responded.

While replying to Ahmednasir, Hersi was in support of the CJ’s decision, “Good move by @dkmaraga  who is independent minded. Please let him do his work. If anything we want the whole swamp drained .” He said to which the rattled lawyer responded immediately, “Jack of all trades…concentrate on good housekeeping…and clean beaches…” in a bid to silence his opinion given then he doesn’t have a legal background.

Related Content:  Jacque Maribe Sheds Tears In Court As Fiancé Joseph Irungu ‘Jowie’ Smiles With The Two Charged With Murder Of Monica Kimani

Hersi wasn’t going down without a fight and responded, “Oh yes CJ is indeed doing very good HOUSEKEEPING . I haven’t heard him ask you for help while you are record bashing him day in day out.  On the other hand good clean  beach is key to a thriving tourism destination. We bring the Forex to help you pay for your Brioni.” He fired at Ahmednasir.

With no signs of ceasefire, the lawyer brought out his arsenal, “Told you1000 times…concentrate on what you know best..housekeeping, clean rooms,nice food,friendly front office, clean swimming pool, etc. Mambo ya judiciary leave it to the experts…imagine how ridiculous I sound if I engage you on how to make a nice clean bed for your guests.” He shot!

Hersi then landed another jab, “No worries I am very happy as a hotelier.  Many Kenyans are supporting The CJ in the changes he is making and everyone is free to comment.  When CJ does not make a  change you complain , when he makes a move you are again the first to complain. Let CJ be he is serving Kenyans .”

Who in your opinion carried the day in this ‘war?’


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram

Kenya West is a trained investigative independent journalist and a socio-political commentator on matters Kenya and Africa. Send me tips to [[email protected]]

Continue Reading
Advertisement

News

Kyle McCarter: Corrupt Kenyan Officials Will Now Be Denied Visas To The US

Published

on

US Ambassador Kyle McCarter.

From the moment he stepped into the country after his approval as the US ambassador to Kenya, Kyle McCarter made his intentions clear. Enhancing USA-Kenya ties. He’s also been building a signature of being vocal about corruption which is hailing the country.

‘Fed Up With Corruption’ has become a dominating theme and the Motto that the ambassador has adopted in his tweets.

Kenya loses an estimated Sh600B every year to corruption in a country where many live under a dollar a day and also the country with most million dollar millionaires in the region. Because of corruption, basic social amenities have been undelivered.

Much of stolen public money is often stashed in foreign countries including the USA and this why Kenya needs partnerships with international partners. Swiss recently inked a deal with Kenya to help repatriate stolen money.

As an intervention, it has been proposed for Western countries where the loot is often stashed by corrupt public officials to impose sanctions on such leaders including denying them visas. This will confine them in Kenya without luxury of flying out to go blow up the billions.

Kenyans if not Africa has been waiting to see President Trump’s policies in Africa especially on tackling corruption and it seems there’s an answer. The new Ambassador Kyle has confirmed that the embassy is denying leaders who’ve been involved in corruption visas to travel to the US.

Related Content:  Shame As Governor Joho's Chief of Staff Makes Away With Sh100K And Insulting Kitui Residents

Asked if the US would consider denying thieves (corrupt officials) visas to visit America, he firmly answered l, “Absolutely. Already happening.”

This is a big step in the direction and we can only hope the worst is yet to happen, it’s a great opportunity for the ambassador to make a name as the only USA ambassador in Africa to have ever publicly and loudly joined hands in fighting corruption that is now eating up our generations.


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading

News

Male Birth Control Pill Has Been For The First Time Declared Effective And Safe For Human Use

Published

on

For years, scientists have been trying to develop a safe and effective version of the pill for men, and a new drug candidate could be the contraceptive we’ve been looking for.

This week, scientists in the US announced that an experimental oral drug called 11-beta-MNTDC looks to be safe and tolerable, based on results from a phase 1 clinical trial involving 40 men.

“Our results suggest that this pill, which combines two hormonal activities in one, will decrease sperm production while preserving libido,” says male reproduction biologist Christina Wang from the Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute (LA BioMed).

In the clinical trial, Wang and her team recruited 40 healthy men.

For 28 days, 30 of these participants took a low or higher daily dose of the 11-beta-MNTDC (full name: 11-beta-methyl-19-nortestosterone-17-beta-dodecylcarbonate), while the remaining 10 men took a placebo.

11-beta-MNTDC is a modified form of testosterone with both progestational (in effect, sperm-blocking) and androgenic(hormone-balancing) characteristics.

“Since testosterone production is shut down in the testes, the androgen action in the rest of the body maintains ‘maleness’ elsewhere, supporting things like male pattern hair, deep voice, sex drive and function, and lean body mass,” explained one of the team, endocrinologist Stephanie Page from the University of Washington. She presented the team’s results at the Endocrine Society’s annual conference in New Orleans on Sunday.

In the first clinical trial results on the drug, that balancing act looks like it might deliver a safe oral drug while hypothetically stopping sperm production – although it has to be emphasised this is only preliminary data.

The participants taking 11-beta-MNTDC did not demonstrate serious adverse events or significant clinical concerns, but showed significantly reduced levels of two hormones called LH and FSH that are needed for sperm production.

Related Content:  Jacque Maribe Sheds Tears In Court As Fiancé Joseph Irungu ‘Jowie’ Smiles With The Two Charged With Murder Of Monica Kimani

That said, this 28-day experiment was testing 11-beta-MNTDC’s safety, rather than contraceptive effects – but the early results are positive, suggesting future research could demonstrate those, too.

Before we get to that point, it’s important to show that 11-beta-MNTDC is safe to take. And it does appear to be safe, with a minority of the men experiencing some side effects. A few of the participants reported fatigue, headaches, and acne during the experiment.

In terms of sexual effects, five men said they felt mild changes in libido, and two experienced mild erectile dysfunction. Nonetheless, for a hormone-based drug, which tend to inevitably carry some level of side effects, the researchers characterise these effects as mild.

Despite the promise of the results, the researchers say it will be some time before a drug like 11-beta-MNTDC will be available to men. The researchers are currently planning follow-up trials for 11-beta-MNTDC and a functionally similar chemical called dimethandrolone undecanoate (DMAU).

Depending on how those future experiments go, the team says a safe hormonal male pill should be available on the market in about 10 years.

That might seem like a long way away, but the researchers stress that it’s necessary, to ensure that these experimental drugs aren’t just safe, but functional in terms of blocking sperm production sufficiently to prevent pregnancy.

“This study is very short and we need three months if not more to stop sperm production,” Wang said.

“All we have shown so far is that it shuts down the hormones that control the function of the testes.”

The findings were presented at ENDO 2019 in New Orleans on Sunday. Related research by the team is reported here.

Related Content:  Images Showing Intense Moments When Riverside Attack Survivors Reunited With Families After Being Saved


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading

Investigations

Britam Risks Losing Billions As Court Rules In Favor Of Cytonn Over Unsubstantiated Fraud Claims

Published

on

 

Back in 2014 Britam accused four of its former employees of theft of billions of shillings, to the tune of kes. 8 billion, and sought to file criminal complaints about them. Britam said that the theft was discovered after audits done by accounting firm KPMG and law firm Coulson Harney.

The four former employees refuted this claiming that no such theft had happened and wrote to Britam asking them to disclose the said reports to prove their innocence. Britam, however, refused to disclose the audit reports and the four former employees then filed a lawsuit in the high court in 2016 seeking to compel Britam to disclose the audits.

After three years of litigation, the judge ruled and ordered that indeed Britam must disclose the said audit reports if they are relying on them to allege theft by its former employees. Additionally, the judge found Britam’s conduct so unbecoming that it also slapped Britam with the penalty of refunding the accused former staff with the cost of the lawsuit.

Contacted for comment, our source at Britam says that the board is furious with the CEO, Benson Wairegi, why he filed frivolous lawsuits just for the sake of trying to kill competition from former staff. The new investors IFC and Swiss RE are apparently unhappy with Mr. Wairegi and want to see him fired by the end of the year.

The stock has tanked by over 75% since he lost his team to Cytonn and is now trading at below IPO price. Our sources tell us that the new investors, IFC, Swiss Re, and AfricInvest are frustrated because they’re sitting on paper losses, having bought the share price at kshs. 15 and now it is trading at below 9 bob.

Related Content:  Jacque Maribe Sheds Tears In Court As Fiancé Joseph Irungu ‘Jowie’ Smiles With The Two Charged With Murder Of Monica Kimani

When we contacted a source at Cytonn, she said that “all their games shall come to a sudden and painful end. We are going to go after them for billions of shillings for damages. They are the ones with really big legal issues. The judge was very clear in his ruling. And we can assure you, the so-called forensic audits don’t exist, they have just fixed themselves with their lies”

Sooner or later the market will realize that this is the biggest corporate lie ever perpetrated by a listed company to investors and in plain sight of regulators and international shareholders like IFC and Swiss Re.

Our investigative desk obtains the ruling below.

SKMBT_C364e19032114190


Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular