News
CS Muturi: NIS Abducted My Son
In a statement filed at Kilimani Police Station, Muturi recounted the events surrounding his son’s disappearance on June 22 and his eventual release, reportedly after President William Ruto intervened by contacting NIS Director Noordin Haji.
Muturi recounted overhearing the President call Haji to inquire whether the NIS was holding Leslie. Haji reportedly confirmed the claim, and the President instructed him to release Leslie immediately.
Public Service Cabinet Secretary Justin Muturi has accused the National Intelligence Service (NIS) of orchestrating the alleged abduction of his son, Leslie Muturi, in June last year.
In a statement filed at Kilimani Police Station, Muturi recounted the events surrounding his son’s disappearance on June 22 and his eventual release, reportedly after President William Ruto intervened by contacting NIS Director Noordin Haji.
Leslie was allegedly abducted on the night of June 22 by armed, hooded men along Dennis Pritt Road after dining with politician Mark Mwenje and Maragu Imanyara at Alfajiri restaurant in Kilimani. The three were reportedly en route to a birthday party in Lavington when Leslie was intercepted, forced into a waiting white box Prado, and driven away.
Upon learning of the incident, Mwenje informed Leslie’s wife, Wairimu, who then contacted her father-in-law, the CS. News of the abduction quickly spread, with concerned friends gathering at both the scene and the family’s residence.
Muturi stated that he contacted top security officials, including the Interior PS, CS, and then Inspector General of Police Japhet Koome, all of whom assured him that action would be taken. Koome, alongside Deputy DCI Director James Onyango and Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) boss Said Kiprotich, confirmed there were no active police operations that night that could have led to Leslie’s arrest.
At around 10 a.m. the following day, Muturi received a call from an NIS contact, informing him that Leslie was being held by NIS operatives. Despite attempts to reach Noordin Haji, the NIS Director, Muturi said his calls went unanswered.
The CS then reached out to the then Interior CS, Kithure Kindiki, who assured him he would follow up. Kindiki later reported that Haji denied holding Leslie, despite Muturi insisting he had received verified information from a NIS officer.
“Despite my insistence that I had confirmed information from a NIS officer, Prof Kindiki maintained that the DG could not be lying,” he adds.
Muturi said he eventually decided to seek an audience with President Ruto after a text message he sent to the President failed to go through due to technical issues.
During their meeting at State House, Muturi explained the situation. According to the CS, the President jokingly asked why anyone would arrest a young person over Gen Z demonstrations.
Muturi recounted overhearing the President call Haji to inquire whether the NIS was holding Leslie. Haji reportedly confirmed the claim, and the President instructed him to release Leslie immediately. Muturi said Haji assured the President that Leslie would be released within an hour.
After leaving State House, Muturi joined friends in Gigiri and explained what had transpired. Slightly over an hour later, Leslie called to inform him he had been released and was at home. Muturi visited his son immediately afterwards.
This incident marks one of the most high-profile accusations of abduction involving the government, with Muturi being the most senior official to directly implicate the NIS.
Kenya Insights allows guest blogging, if you want to be published on Kenya’s most authoritative and accurate blog, have an expose, news TIPS, story angles, human interest stories, drop us an email on [email protected] or via Telegram
-
Grapevine1 week agoAlleged Male Lover Claims His Life Is in Danger, Leaks Screenshots and Private Videos Linking SportPesa CEO Ronald Karauri
-
Lifestyle1 week agoThe General’s Fall: From Barracks To Bankruptcy As Illness Ravages Karangi’s Memory And Empire
-
Grapevine3 days agoRussian Man’s Secret Sex Recordings Ignite Fury as Questions Mount Over Consent and Easy Pick-Ups in Nairobi
-
Investigations2 weeks agoEpstein Files: Sultan bin Sulayem Bragged on His Closeness to President Uhuru Then His Firm DP World Controversially Won Port Construction in Kenya, Tanzania
-
News2 weeks agoAUDIT EXPOSES INEQUALITY IN STAREHE SCHOOLS: PARENTS BLED DRY AS FEES HIT Sh300,000 AGAINST Sh67,244 CAP
-
Business2 weeks agoKRA Can Now Tax Unexplained Bank Deposits
-
Investigations1 week agoEpstein’s Girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell Frequently Visited Kenya As Files Reveal Local Secret Links With The Underage Sex Trafficking Ring
-
News1 week agoState Agency Exposes Five Top Names Linked To Poor Building Approvals In Nairobi, Recommends Dismissal After City Hall Probe
